How to avoid Corona and what to do if you get it?
How to avoid getting infected:
• Wash hands frequently with soap
• Avoid touching your face
• Stay home when you can
• Cover your cough with elbow or tissue
• Keep your distance
• Irrigate your nose - Apart from regular hand washing, I believe that daily and frequent nasal irrigation is one of the MOST important things that we can do to prevent influenza and other viral respiratory infections from taking hold. This is because after exposure to a virus, the influenza virus tries to invade and multiply in your nasal passages for at least 1-2 days before you develop any symptoms. Nasal irrigation can wash away viral particles before they have the opportunity to take hold, and thereby prevent many infections from happening in the first place!
• _Load up on foods and spices with antiviral properties_. These include coconut oil, raw garlic, oregano, ginger, kimchi and other fermented foods, walnut, pomegranate, green tea, apple cider vinegar, and medicinal mushrooms (shiitake, maitake, reishi, cordyceps, turkeytail).
• Eat lots of colourful fruits and vegetables. They are full of antioxidants which will destroy the free radicals that weaken our immune system and are responsible for making us feel sick when we catch a bug. Each colour provides different antioxidant power – so be sure to eat a rainbow every day.
• Stay well hydrated
• Eat fermented foods
• Avoid simple sugars
• Get fresh air and moderate daily exercise
• Get adequate sleep
Vitamins to help getting your immune system strong and nutrients to take if you are ill:
Spice Cabinet ANTIVIRALS: Oregano, Ginger, Lemon balm, Sage, Garlic, Fennel, Basil, Rosemary.
Vitamin C: 3,000 milligrams (or more) daily, in divided doses. If in acute illness you can take up to 1g vitamin C hourly. Antioxidant properties, improve integrity of mucosal membranes. It is important to remember that preventing and treating respiratory infections with large amounts of vitamin C is well established.
Vitamin D3: 2,000 International Units daily. (Start with 5,000 IU/day for two weeks, then reduce to 2,000) The studies clearly show that vitamin D is, undoubtedly, a key prohormone/nutrient which affects the immune response and has been shown in multiple studies to possess or stimulate anti-viral properties. Assessing vitamin D status and maintaining optimal serum levels should be considered in all; but particularly ageing adults and children. Vit D supplementation to achieve normal levels along with micronutrients should be regarded as one of the essential factors which improve health overall and also supports our fight against infectious diseases.
Vitamin A: 6,000 International Units daily. Vitamin A is a micronutrient that is crucial for maintaining vision, promoting growth and development, and protecting epithelium and mucus integrity in the body. It possesses anti-inflammatory effects because of its critical role in enhancing immune function. Vitamin A is involved in the development of the immune system and plays regulatory roles in cellular immune responses and humoral immune processes. It has demonstrated a therapeutic effect in the treatment of various infectious diseases.
Zinc: 20 mg daily. Zinc is known to play a central role in the immune system, and zinc-deficient persons experience increased susceptibility to a variety of pathogens. Zinc is crucial for normal development and function of cells mediating nonspecific immunity such as neutrophils and natural killer cells.
Selenium: 100 mcg (micrograms) daily. This trace mineral possesses anti-viral activity, as well as contributing to a reduction in Reactive Oxygen Species and Reactive Nitrogen Species (ROS & NOS). A lack of selenium increases vulnerability to infection from viruses as has been shown by studies across the world in the past decades from Cuba to China.
Humic Acid (specifically sourced): 375 mg twice daily. Sourced from specific soil in certain locations in the world, Humic acid inhibits all viruses. Olive Leaf extract (18% minimum oleuropin): 500 mg twice daily. Studies have shown that oleuropein exhibits a significant antiviral activity against respiratory syncytial virus and para-influenza type 3 virus.
Saccharomyces. Boulardii: 3 Billion thrice daily. This probiotic yeast supports secretory immunoglobulin A (sIgA), the major immunoglobulin of the innate immune system which protects against infectious agents. It has been very well studied and is one of the most well researched probiotic organisms on earth.
Summary Suggested Doses
Vitamin C: 3,000 milligrams (or more) daily, in divided doses.
Vitamin D3: 2,000 International Units daily. (Start with 5,000 IU/day for two weeks, then reduce to 2,000) consider having a test to determine needs.
Vitamin A: 6,000 International Units daily.
Zinc: 20 mg daily
Selenium: 100 mcg (micrograms) daily
Humic Acid (specifically sourced): 375 mg twice daily
Olive Leaf extract (18% minimum oleuropin): 500 mg twice daily
Saccharomyces. Boulardii: 3 Billion thrice daily